Volume XIII No. 1 - October, 1947
Crater Lake Natural History Association
- To promote and assist the ranger naturalist program in Crater Lake
National Park and Oregon Caves National Monument.
- To help gather and publish accurate information on the wildlife and
natural features of the two areas.
- To further investigation of subjects of greatest popular interest
and importance in the two areas.
- To assist in the development and procurement of an adequate park
museum and series of displays.
- To sponsor the production of NATURE NOTES.
- To aid the park library by acquisition and distribution of
- To make available for purchase by park visitors at the most
appropriate time and place, government and private publications on
subjects pertaining to the park and its welfare.
- To publish, when funds permit, pamphlets and bulletins on park
The Crater Lake Natural History Association was organized under the
direction of the National Park Service and was approved by the Secretary
of the Interior on July 25, 1942. It operates under a constitution
which provides for the following classes of membership:
|Junior member||$1.00 per year|
|Annual member||$2.00 per year|
|Subscribing member||$5.00 per year|
|Contributing member||$10.00 per year|
|Assisting member||$25.00 per year|
Your check to the Executive Secretary will make you a member of the
Association and will greatly assist its purposes. For your contribution
you will received copies of NATURE NOTES, whenever issued, as
well as all notices and other information published by the Association
from time to time.
MAY WE INVITE YOU TO JOIN?
- o -
PUBLICATIONS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
|Crater Lake, The Story of Its|
Origin, Howel, Williams
||Western National Parks, Yeager||$3.50|
|Higher Plants of Oregon, Peck||$5.00
|Blue Enchantment, Dunham||$2.00
||Pacific Coast Ranges, Peattie||$3.50|
|Meeting the Mammals, Cahalane||$1.75
||Garment of God, John Merriam||$2.00|
|Birds of Oregon, Gabrielson and Jewett $5.00|
|Oh Ranger, Albright and Taylor $3.00|