THE GOLDEN MANTLED
by Ralph R. Huestis
Special Number - 1951
The Crater Lake Natural History Association
- To promote and assist the ranger naturalist program in Crater Lake
National Park and Oregon Caves National Monument.
- To help gather and publish accurate information on the wildlife and
natural features of the two areas.
- To further investigation of subjects of popular interest and
importance to the two areas.
- To assist in the development and procurement of an adequate park
museum and series of displays.
- To sponsor the production of CRATER LAKE NATURE NOTES.
- To aid the park library by acquisition of books.
- To make available for purchase by park visitors at the most
appropriate time and place, government and private publications on
subjects pertaining to the park and its welfare.
- To publish, when funds permit, pamphlets and bulletins on park
The Crater Lake Natural History Association was organized under the
direction of the National Park Service and was approved by the Secretary
of the Interior on July 25, 1942. It operates under a constitution which
provides for the following classes of membership:
|Junior member||$ 1.00 per year|
|Annual member||2.00 per year|
|Subscribing member||5.00 per year|
|Contributing member||10.00 per year|
|Assisting member||5.00 per year|
|Life member||100.00 per year|
|Patron member||1000.00 per year|
Your check to the Executive Secretary will make you a member of the
Association and will greatly assist its purposes. For your contribution
you will receive copies of NATURE NOTES, whenever issued, as well
as all notices and other information published by the Association from
time to time. Members are also entitled to special discounts on
publications handled by the Association, which range from 10% upwards on
the books listed on back of cover.
MAY WE INVITE YOU TO JOIN?
PUBLICATIONS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
|Crater Lake, the Story of Its Origin, Howel Williams||$2.00|
|Meeting the Mammals, Cahalane||2.50|
|Western National Parks, Yeager||3.50|
|Higher Plants of Oregon, Peck||6.00|
|Birds of Oregon, Gabrielson and Jewett||6.00|
|Oh Ranger, Albright and Taylor||6.00|
|Exploring Our National Parks, Devereux Butcher, Clothbound||3.50|
|Exploring Our National Parks, Devereux Butcher, Paperbound||2.00
CRATER LAKE NATURE NOTES, 1948, 1949, 1950, and 1951
issued @ 15¢ per copy.